PIMC will be holding a gardening volunteer party to get the landscaping around the building ready for summer. Lunch will be provided (take-out, based on the wishes of the folks who show up).
This is a great opportunity to get to know other people in our wonderful sangha. It'll be a short, focused session, ending in early afternoon - early enough that you still have time to find other ways to enjoy the rest of your Saturday.
If you're interested, it helps us if we know who/how many are coming. Signup by clicking this button:
You can also contact Clara, who is helping coordinate: Clara's Email
LOCATION: PIMC, 6536 SE Duke St.
DATE: Saturday, 2/22/2020
TIME: 9am - 2pm
Wear comfortable, warm clothing you're not afraid to get dirty. We'll be working rain or shine, so rain gear is a good idea. Please bring gardening gloves and any gardening tools (especially a trowel or other weeding tool) you may have that are easy to transport. List of likely tasks we'll need to see to is below. Lunch will be provided. Thanks, all!
- Remove litter:
- All walkways, stairs, parking area, etc.
- Including both 66th Ave and Duke, lawns, side garden on 66th (Robert's office) and front garden.
- Sweep the walkway between the back gate by Robert’s office and the kitchen steps
- Sweep the steps from the living room to the yard/playground, and the walkway to the front gate.
- Sweep the front steps and sidewalks as needed
- Sweep/clean off the play structure; cobwebs, pine needles, etc.
- Weed beds and mulch (largest task).
- Clear gutters.
- Go over plans for updating beds with natives this spring.
- Go over new zone maintenance system plan.
WINTER PRIORITY NEEDS
- Clear gutters.
- Spread mulch.
- Green Waste removal. We have no green waste pickup available to us. We’ll have bags on hand and are looking for volunteers to take some green waste home with them.
Please bring gardening tools.
Thank you for helping to keep PIMC looking lovely!